Please leave your comments by clicking on the 'Comments' link below the post.

Thanks! Keep Reading!

Tuesday 25 January 2011

Destiny's assignments

Every person is destined to do something in life. In other words, each one is destined to complete some assignments in life. Many a time, these assignments more often bring about a change in someone else's life for sure. Probably there are many out there on reading this would react like -
"Has she has gone mad?"
"Which book has she been reading lately?"
"yeah..whatever...".

As a child, I had heard of this idea of destined assignments from random people and would have just nodded my head in agreement. Years pass by and the sceptical thought process takes over and one starts to question facts, traditions, etc. The concept of destiny is something I had often heard from hearsay. After many years, I look back and realise that there is some truth to this. And the beauty of it is, we don't realise when we take up these assignments and when these are completed.

Recently I came across a quote by John Maxwell- “Life is 10% of what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it.” I personally believe that destiny defines the incidents and moments of one's life but the path that life takes totally depends on how we react to these incidents and moments.

I have often sat back and pondered as to why some people come into our lives -
Some people come into our lives and exit as soon as they come in..Some people come into our lives for a considerable time and then vanish before you realise the same...Some people are just always there, whether you like it or not...

In all these cases, believe it or not, each one of them was destined to change our lives in the smallest of ways. The role they play in our lives need not be always be good; the memories of them need not be sweet, it can be bitter or maybe a memory that will always leave you with a tingle of sadness. But whatever role they play, they change our lives and many at times, its for the best.

Thoughts about a good experience always bring up a smile on my face; if it is funny then sometimes I laugh out loud thinking about it. This is when people declare I have gone mad. ;-) Whatever the experience, good or bad, there is a lot to learn from these and move on with life. And I believe only this attitude will get us all through the rest of our life. Life is strange and complicated especially after school and college; every year after that has its own story to tell. So many years lie ahead for me to figure out the rest of the assignments that people end up completing and in the process bring about a change in my life as well as in the lives of people around me.

4 comments:

Abhinav Viswambharan said...

nice read :)

Unknown said...

So very true..
:)

Arindam Mitra said...

Destiny...hmmm...they even say that whatever happens , or happened or will happen, is due to sets of accidents. But every accident has a logic behind it. Well, wheather it be destiny or accidents leading to accidents, the mistery behind this whole process is all I am interested about...thats the funny part of this great system of creation, isn't it? :-)

Unknown said...

It leaves life keep guessing what next...