Please leave your comments by clicking on the 'Comments' link below the post.

Thanks! Keep Reading!

Monday 16 June 2008

Cheese Dosa at Juhu

During one of my mad ventures of “sight-seeing” Mumbai, I had the privilege of having dosas of a different kind with a different ambience.

It was one of those days where news channels warned citizens to stay indoors because of the possible monsoon fury of Mumbai. It was raining “cats and dogs” or rather buckets of water were being poured from the heavens above on that day.

Oblivious to all the monsoon commotion, my cousin brother and I started off for a Mumbai Darshan, while colleagues of my cousin sister thought we were out of our minds to even think of venturing out in the rain.

At Juhu beach, I couldn’t help but smile at the people who were enjoying the rain, running towards the waves and just having superb fun. The sea was quite rough but people didn’t seem to mind that.

We chose to watch the fun and meanwhile decided to try out dosas that were being made at a stall or rather “snack cart” (if I may say so). It was quite amusing to see one person in charge of holding the asbestos sheet (the official roof of the snack cart) with all his might during the heavy downpour.

We tried out “Manchurian Dosa” and “Cheese Dosa”.

Manchurian dosa had a different flavour altogether and I could not really make out exactly what it was. But it was yum all the same.

As I ordered for the cheese dosa, I was sceptical because usually Cheese Dosa means cheese will be smeared such that one has to chew, ponder and chew while we figure out: “Is there really cheese in this??

But when I saw them lavishly spread a thick layer of shredded cheese on to the dosa, I realised that I was in for a treat. Wow, it was soooo rich with cheese, I felt dazed. ;-D

4 comments:

Abhinav Viswambharan said...

To tell the truth, that Dosa was made specially for you by the Dosawala.

How could he stand the sight of having, a underweight-malnutritioned damsel with that just-arrived-from-somalia look, at his stall...?? :P

Maria John said...

You keep contradicting yourself...u are the one who told me that i had put on weight the last time you saw me....veruthe dialogue adikenda.. :-D

Umsy said...

i feel hungry now...what was the filling in the manchurian...soyasauce etc?

Maria John said...

Kunjala and I could not really make out exactly wht the filling ws....there were a lot of sauces, onions, potato ( i think...), etc... :-D ...strange but nice flavour.